Our online security commitment is to maintain strict standards of security in protecting your personal information. To keep this commitment, we employ a variety of techniques and tools, including firewalls, data encryption and password verification.
Below are some of the safeguards we have in place to protect against security breaches in the online environment:
- User ID and Password: Our system is designed to limit online account access to those possessing the user ID and password associated with your account(s). We will not send any account information to your computer unless your unique user ID and password are entered correctly. For security purposes, our authorized personnel will use your user ID and other account related information to verify your identity before being able to assist you with your online account. We will never ask you for, or ask you to verify your password.
- Encryption: We have encryption technology in place that allows for the protection of data in transit between your computer and ours. The closed lock icon indicates whether a communication session is encrypted.
- Firewalls: Our computer systems include firewalls that we monitor and that are designed to protect against unauthorized access to our systems.
- Timeout: Your secure session will automatically terminate if you do not conduct transactions for 10 minutes. If this happens, you will have to log on again to access your accounts.
- Cookies: We use a cookie (a small computer file) to maintain authentication between our application server and your browser. This cookie ensures that we are maintaining a secure connection. When registered users terminate their connection to our site, this cookie is deleted.
- Session Information: Our site provides you with the date and time of your last session. This allows you to check the most recent online session each time you use our site to ensure that nothing is out of the ordinary.
- Browser Requirements: All browsers used to access account information must have 256-bit encryption. Use of 256-bit encryption technology is one of the most secure forms of encryption currently available on the Internet. We support the latest browser versions of Internet Explorer, Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, iOS and Android.
Although we have implemented many state of the art security tools and best practices to protect against unauthorized access to your information, there are steps you must take in order to protect your information on your computer. See our Personal Online Safeguards for more information.